Flag names need to be unique. This is not a restriction imposed by gRPC.
This is the Go stdlib. See: https://pkg.go.dev/flag.

It is not very clear from your description what exactly you are trying to
do. Closing and re-establishing a connection, although a valid operation,
is not something that you should really need to do. Have you taken a look
at gRPC core concepts: https://grpc.io/docs/what-is-grpc/core-concepts/.
gRPC does support streaming RPCs. So you could dynamically get new
configurations from a server over the same client channel.