Hi, I started using gRPC in a C++ project some time ago. Now I have to
send 13 MB of data. And that seemed to be slow for me. So I created a new
project with a really simple proto file that only sends a 13 MB array via a
synchronous gRPC call. I did the same thing with iPerf. Always over
localhost. Now, when I look at Wireshark, it seems like iPerf3 sends the
data in about 13ms (from packet 16-246) and gRPC takes about 47ms (from
packet 0-179).
I get similar results if i repeat the test. Seemed weird to me, but I'm
neither a gRPC nor a Wireshark expert, so maybe I'm missing something.
gRPC:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aNCUWg4J8yWouwlnBr0joizKUE_ZyPRO/view?usp=sharing

iPerf:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13diJsZE_GeO7b66pbg1ERaE42SglGTAl/view?usp=sharing