Hi,
I don't know if such behaviour is a bug.

I have server communicates with 7 services configured via XDS and after the
xds-client got GO AWAY packet from XDS server 6 channels cannot connect due
to error and only one is ok. I did a tcpdump to see a chat between our
implementation of XDS and C++gRPC and cannot deside if C++gRPC behave
correct.

It relates to
https://github.com/grpc/proposal/blob/master/A27-xds-global-load-balancing.md#initial-request-on-the-ads-stream
 >      The first request on the ADS stream will include a Node message
that identifies the client. As mentioned above, most of the fields for the
Node message will be read from the bootstrap file.

I would expect that after reconnect the xds client sends to ADS stream 4
requests (LDS, CDS, EDS, RDS) however it sends 5 requests (LDS, LDS, CDS,
EDS, RDS). On our side of xds server we are confused by these 2 LDS
requests.

1.
(PROTOBUF) envoy.api.v2.DiscoveryRequest
{
version_info: "ba0255a2-07b6-45ed-83b4-dad0cbf96b1f"
node: {
cluster: "default-cluster"
user_agent_name: "gRPC C-core linux"
user_agent_version: "C-core 22.0.0"
client_features: "envoy.lb.does_not_support_overprovisioning"
build_version: "gRPC C-core linux 22.0.0"
}
resource_names: "server-1"
type_url: "type.googleapis.com/envoy.api.v2.Listener"
}

2.
(PROTOBUF) envoy.api.v2.DiscoveryRequest
{
version_info: "ba0255a2-07b6-45ed-83b4-dad0cbf96b1f"
resource_names: "server-1"
resource_names: "server-2"
resource_names: "server-3"
resource_names: "server-4"
resource_names: "server-5"
resource_names: "server-6"
resource_names: "server-7"
type_url: "type.googleapis.com/envoy.api.v2.Listener"
}

- Shouldn't it be only one LDS request?
- Shouldn't it the initial request contains all configured resources?

Root of our problem is that we responds only on first request since it have
the same version. I know how to fix it on our end, but it is behaviour of
gRPC xds-client correct?