Thank you for the info! It was helpful.

I continued to work on the example and finally managed to get a local xDS
server built based on the java-control-plane. Really need to understand xDS
at the protocol level. I am not entirely sure if my set up is correct, but
the communication is established through the xDS server and I can now dig
deeper to figure things out.

Definitely nice to have a proxyless setup!