Hi,

I have a problem where I have two services communicating but won't update
the endpoint connection information when DNS updates.

Very briefly, the architecture is

http -> [AWS LB] -> [Service A] -> (grpc) [AWS ELB] -> [Service B]

When I change the DNS information for service B, with the intent of sending
it through a physically different ELB, service A won't change to point to
the new IP address at low traffic volume.

If I increase the traffic volume, it will switch fairly quickly. On the
order of minutes. However, if I keep the traffic volume low (<2 RPS/pod),
it'll stick on the old connection for hours if not forever.  The only
solution I've found is to restart all of service A, but that's not a great
solution.

Does anyone know what might be going on here?

Mark