Hi,

Wow, I forgot about replying to this. Apologies!
You are right in your assumptions. By default, "is going to go to the wire"
just means that data has been accepted by the gRPC stack and that gRPC will
try to write the data to the socket (or whatever transport mechanism is
being used). From gRPC's HTTP/2 layer perspective, it means that HTTP/2
flow control succeeded on the message and that it will be sent to the TCP
layer for further processing.

Also, please note that gRPC C++ is now recommending the use of new callback
API, which is much easier to use.