Okay thanks, but then what is the recommended way of "defending" bad
requests.

If I have a message that is:

*message ValidateStreetRequest {*
*     string street = 1;*
*};*

I can pass this to my function above because the *street* field is aligned
with the *GetAddressInfoRequest* but there is no validation from the rpc
call that it was called with the correct message.

As both messages have *required* fields I could check the size of the
message against what's expected, but that doesn't help me when fields are
*optional.*

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Brad