The gRPC public API now provides a way for custom endpoint implementations
to be provided to the library. It's called the EventEngine API, and you can
read the generated API docs here
<https://grpc.github.io/grpc/cpp/classgrpc__event__engine_1_1experimental_1_1_event_engine.html>
 (though
I find the interface code itself
<https://github.com/grpc/grpc/blob/123da4a866d278b898516c27fb44962f3d7bae32/include/grpc/event_engine/event_engine.h>

more readable). To control the details of how bytes are sent and received,
your task would be to write a complete EventEngine implementation and
provide it to gRPC at runtime via the SetEventEngineFactory
<https://github.com/grpc/grpc/blob/123da4a866d278b898516c27fb44962f3d7bae32/include/grpc/event_engine/event_engine.h#L481-L491>

method.