C++ does not yet support a public API for resolvers or LB policies.  This
is something we would very much like to do, but the current internal APIs
are still dependent upon some ugliness in our legacy polling code that we
don't want to expose.  Once our migration to EventEngine
<https://github.com/grpc/proposal/pull/245> is complete, we'll turn our
attention back to exposing a public API for resolvers and LB policies.

For now, note that the built-in DNS resolver
<https://github.com/grpc/grpc/blob/master/doc/naming.md> does return
multiple addresses if there are multiple A or AAAA records for the DNS
name, and you can use one of our built-in LB policies such as round_robin
<https://github.com/grpc/grpc/blob/master/doc/load-balancing.md#round_robin>
to spread the load across those addresses.  You can configure the use of
the round_robin LB policy via the service config
<https://github.com/grpc/grpc/blob/master/doc/service_config.md>.

On Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at 5:08 AM Aleh Linkin <aleh.lin...@idt.net> wrote:

> Hi.
> How can I specify list of IP's for client-side lb? Does C++ support
> creating custom NameResolvers?
> I have some dns names and static ips which I should use for lb. Could I do
> this using grpc or I need to implement all this myself?
>
> Thank you!

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/c0d6ed8a-95d4-49b6-91ae-2814ffefe293n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/c0d6ed8a-95d4-49b6-91ae-2814ffefe293n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Mark D. Roth <r...@google.com>