You can run multiple Server instances from the same application to get
dynamic management like that, as long as you use a different port for the
debug services and the critical services.

    prodServer = Grpc.newServerBuilderForPort(50051,
InsecureServerCredentials.create())
        .addService(new GreeterImpl())
        .build()
        .start();

  Server startDebugServer() {
      dubugServer = Grpc.newServerBuilderForPort(50052,
InsecureServerCredentials.create())
        .addService(AdminInterface.getStandardServices())
        .build()
        .start();
      return debugServer;
  }

void shutdownDebugServer(Server debugServer) {
  debugServer.shutdownNow();
  debugServer.awaitTermination();
}

Hope that helps,