[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Since the GRUB2 tools built using a Linux GCC compiler will suffice at
> the moment, I can see why the team is not overly concerned with this
> issue. If GRUB2 is going to be portable(Mac OS X), then some changes
> will be needed to accomplish this goal.

GCC is a GNU project, not a Linux project...

Hopefully you understand we can't always fix things other people
deliberately break.  And what is more important to me is that we need
a solid and stable codebase first, one that most regular contributors
are happy with.

> If stack execution support is disabled in future releases of other
> operating systems, it will become an issue of nested functions
> implemented with stack execution, and less of an Apple GCC compiler
> issue.

In that case we should figure out how to fix this.  But apple didn't
just disable the execution on the stack, they fucked up the compiler.

--
Marco