Hi,

I will appreciate the comments from anybody on my ideas.

To Colyli:

You are right. Their "*modaddr* *value*" can do the same as my "*addr* = *
value*". The  former told Grub to load all the rest modules starting from
address *value*; while the later only specifies the current module's loading
address. However, *modaddr* can not set the loading address of the kernel.

Regards,

Wei Shen

For the first idea, it is clear to me. I have no comment on it.
For the second idea, I need more information. Can you explain more for
the limition of "modaddr value" command, and how can the limition to be
broken out by the "addr = value" option ?

Thanks.

Coly

On 3/24/07, Wei Shen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for your advice.

On 3/24/07, colyli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Chen:
>
> In grub command line, you can edit the configre (even mistaken), so
> maybe it will not be worth to add an edit in grub.

I do not mean the configure of Grub menu list, but the config files of the
OS, like *boot.ini* of Windows and *inittab* of Linux.

An option to set the start address for grub to load multiboot module is
> great. This option will make kernel guys (who use multiboot modules) to
> initiate the kernel more easy. I remember a branch of grub for L4 kernel
> supports this option, maybe it can be a reference if you are interested
> in.

I know this approach, however, instead of an option, they add a new
command *modaddr*. A limitation is that all modules after the "*modaddr* *
value*" will be loaded in succession to a overriding address below address
*value*.

Best regards.