On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:44:48AM -0700, Colin D Bennett wrote:
> with output that, in my opinion, makes it easier to see warnings and
> errors:
>
>   COMPILE         ../util/getroot.c
>   COMPILE         ../kern/device.c
>   ../kern/device.c: In function 'grub_device_iterate':
>   ../kern/device.c:84: warning: generating trampoline in object
>   (requires executable stack)
>   ../kern/device.c:84: warning: generating trampoline in object
>   (requires executable stack)
>   COMPILE         ../kern/disk.c
>   COMPILE         ../kern/err.c
>   COMPILE         ../kern/misc.c

I don't like the idea of hiding information this way.  If the goal is to
catch warnings, I think -Werror can do a much better job (and catching
errors shouldn't be a problem unless you're using make -j or -k).

--
Robert Millan

<DRM> What good is a phone call… if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)