There is also a problem with Apple 64 bit grub.efi booting ubuntu 2.6.27
linux in which the kernel is booted and starting but all video is lost after
the boot command. I don't know if there may be a connection.

 A temporary fix is to change Video frame buufer settings in
/loader/i386/efi/linux.c:
grub_find_video_card and grub_linux_setup_video

Then proceeds to the next bug (libata hangup during initrd ).

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:53 AM, phcoder <phco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello. I found a serious problem which may be the cause of linux not
> booting on some efi systems. grub_machine_fini is called before
> grub_linux_boot. grub_machine_fini returns all memory allocated by grub2 to
> efi. This includes all memory used to load modules. So actually efi can
> rightfully destroy linux module before it has slightest chance to do its
> job. I asked step21 to declare linux boot as returnable to stop
> grub_machine_fini. However it's nothing more then a workaround. I hope that
> someone will find a way to fix this nicely because for the moment I see
> none. (perhaps tomorrow I'll find sth)
> Regards
> Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko

Cros