> Agree.

> A 'ntldr' or 'chainloader --ntldr' command is not mandatory. But it is
'nice to have' because it allows to boot even if the boot
> code (6 sectors) in the area > behind the PBR is not present for whatever
reason. See my previsions mail with the test case.

> --
> Regards,
> Christian Franke

I've just checked the 0.97 release and find the ntldr patch is not
included. What version of grub2 was the original ntldr.diff patch
against??

I would definitely would like to see this implemented. Plenty of ppl
out there with "bootmgr is missing" error messages requiring
Win7/Vista
bootup into recovery console to correct..This solution would rectify
that. Also means could bootup into XP or Win7/Vista with
separate entries in grub.conf, rather than navigating the Vista
bootloader to do it. Eg:

menuentry "XP on /dev/sda1" {
root (hd0,1)
ntldr /ntldr }