Yes, yes yes - it is my fault and very sorry sorry asking for your
attention.

   - I told Ubuntu not to touch my hd0
   - I did not check the default setting and this way grub2 went on my
   encrypted hd0 (probably only the mbr was overwritten)
   - The USB stick does not boot now (what is out of interest right now) -
   but I can access it with the help of the live CD
   - I can not access my pc anymore because of the overwritten mbr
   - I did not found a backup copy of my hd0 mbr on the usb stick
   - I was looking in the grub2 doc and man
   - I searched this mailing list archive for mbr

HERE IS MY QUESTION: Does grub2 save the overwritten mbr anyhow so that I
can write it back with dd? Please please could you give me a hint if there
is a backup of the mbr.

I need my pc tomorrow morning for my work. So it is really urgent.

Thomas