On Fri, Jan 01, 2010 at 10:57:08AM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> I thought about it, but I really don't have much experience writing for
> autotools.  AFAICT, it would require getting rid of all the ruby and
> gen*.sh scripts and generally be very invasive.

Well, yes.  But it's something we can assume  (btw note that most gen*
serve a very specific purpose and wouldn't be affected in any way).

> I think it would take many iterations to get an autotooled build system
> right.

BVK had some interesting ideas about using multiple configure.ac like
other GNU projects (e.g. GCC) do.  He said he was going to investigate
this and try to make a prototype.  If you want to help, perhaps it'd be
a good idea to discuss it with him.

--
Robert Millan

  "Be the change you want to see in the world" -- Gandhi