On 05/31/2013 07:03 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:

I must say I'm generally disappointed with os-prober and have
ideas to move away from it. I'll start another topic for it.

I agree. I would prefer adding an include command so grub.cfg could just do something like:

include /boot/grub/grub.d/*.cfg

and have an install procedure drop in one or more menu items instead of every os install or update rewriting the entire grub.cfg every time.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec/ describes such a configuration structure, and http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/grub2.git/plain/0362-blscfg-add-blscfg-module-to-parse-Boot-Loader-Specif.patch implements it as a grub command.

/Mads