Same message printed on the screen when just run grub-install, suspect it is
grub 2.0 bug or defect….

Regards,
Sun Ning

From: grub-devel-bounces+ning.sun=intel....@gnu.org
[mailto:grub-devel-bounces+ning.sun=intel....@gnu.org] On Behalf Of Chris Murphy
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 11:20 AM
To: The development of GNU GRUB
Subject: Re: about an grub 2.00 installation error

On Oct 27, 2014, at 6:34 PM, "Sun, Ning"
<ning....@intel.com<mailto:ning....@intel.com>> wrote:

Hi,
I encountered an error when installing grub 2.00 on my Linux system(boot from
EFI BIOS), the error showed “source_dir doesn't exist. Please specify --target
or -directory”
The error occurred after I run this command:
#grub-install -boot-directory=/boot /dev/sda

On EFI just run grub-install with no options, it finds /boot/efi/EFI and if
necessary creates /boot/efi/EFI/grub and puts grubx64.efi there, and also
writes an entry in NVRAM so it should get used by default instead of gummiboot.

Chris Murphy