> .
>
> Ard thinks that a 64 bit alignment for EFI GUIDs is a mistake - see [1]
> and [2]. Hence Linux uses `__aligned(__alignof__(u32))` for "efi_guid_t"
> since 2019.

My patch presents a reliability paradigm: accept all inputs, produce
outputs that are always aligned to 8-byte. It can make sense even though I
agree that requiring 8-byte alignment for UUID is weird. Yet it's difficult
to know if some obscure firmware does rely on it in some one in a thousand
edge case