(Unless anything has changed dramatically in the last year:) Dependencies are
calculated automatically on the basis of symbols that you use in your module.
If you look at genmoddep.awk and work out from there you can get a handle on
the process. If you only use symbols provided by the ‘kernel’, then you won’t
have any dependencies.

If you are writing a new module, make sure it’s specified in Makefile.core.def
and you’ve regenerated the necessary files. (From memory I used to need a full
bootstrap to get changes to percolate through.)

Kind regards,
Daniel