On 2024/5/18 17:20, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:

Le ven. 17 mai 2024, 21:26, Gao Xiang <hsiang...@linux.alibaba.com
<mailto:hsiang...@linux.alibaba.com>> a écrit :

    Hi Vladimir,

    On 2024/5/18 00:38, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
     > I think that given that align is a non zero const we can trust it.

      From the EROFS specific cases, they are always non-zero values,
    So I agree with you on this..

    Yet Daniel said ".. Be careful with underflows too." in
    https://lore.kernel.org/r/zkcv7g7mjbg8s...@tomti.i.net-space.pl
<https://lore.kernel.org/r/zkcv7g7mjbg8s...@tomti.i.net-space.pl>
    although I'm not quite sure but I guess like this.

    Also as a generic helper, I think `align` could be zero if it's
    a variable..

It's rare for align to be a variable and then additional checks are needed that
align is a power of 2. And power of 2 is never zero. This check is better done
on the caller side. You just need a comment specify that it's caller
responsibility to check it.

I'd like to know Daniel's comment about this first, there are already
too many comments out of nits.  I'm fine with updating such nits but
I would like to confirm _which comment_ I should follow for
upstreaming.

Thanks,
Gao Xiang

    Anyway, either way works for EROFS.   I just try my best to do
    what I could do for this first series for upstreaming and we
    could move forward to the next step..

    Thanks,
    Gao Xiang