On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 02:24:50PM +0300, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
> Le ven. 17 mai 2024, 14:15, Daniel Kiper <dki...@net-space.pl> a écrit :
>      Why is this patch needed? Should not we disable SSE using compiler
>      flags?
> We do but the code in question uses SSE on every x64 platform. So we need to
> disable this acceleration. At least for now. If we want to enable SSE (maybe
> we
> should) we can revisit this but this is a separate discussion and separate
> patchset

Please explain the problem with SSE in the commit message. Otherwise we
will shortly forget why it has been disabled.

Additionally, I think all libgcrypt patches like this one should
land in the grub-core/lib/libgcrypt-patches and be applied during
bootstrap or so. This will make us in line with gnulib and gettext
patching mechanism.

Daniel