Dear gstat-user,

For a course in Geostatistics at the University of Amsterdam, my
assignment is to combine two types of measurements in an
optimal estimation of the depth of a soil layer underneath the
Petroleum Haven in Amsterdam.
Because the two variables relate to the same attribute, I would like
to apply the single unbiasedness constraint described by
Goovaerts (Geostatistics for Natural Resources Evaluation, 1997,
p. 228).
Is the option 'merge' (gstat user's manual, p. 33) the right way to
accomplish that? Simply combining the two datasets to one would
mean assuming an equal mean but also an equal measurement
uncertainty. Although we may assume an equal mean, the
measurement uncertainties are different.

Many thanks for any help you can provide

Kind regards,
Ate Visser
Student Physical Geography
University of Amsterdam