neelam GUPTA wrote:

> I have read the
> example command files, from gstat user's manual
> (chapter 6) but i cannot understand "HOW TO MAKE A
> MASK MAP".

A mask map is an grid map of your area. It's used solely
to determine at which locations gstat should make predictions.
Gstat will make prediction at all non-missing-valued cells
of the mask map. Output maps will have the same topology
(cell size, dimensions, location) as the mask map.

Mask maps can be in any of the grid map formats supported
by gstat. Output maps will be in that same format.

> I have an idrissi32 software as well as Surfer 7.0

Pick one.

Best regards,
--
Edzer