"Beyer, Christof" wrote:

> according to the gstat-manual gaussian simulation on a regular grid using a
> mask map for simulation locations is done in gstat following a recursively
> refining random path on that grid.
> My question is in which sequence locations defined by the "data
> ():...;"-command will be simulated by gstat. Are they simulated just
> line-by-line (which to my understanding of conditional simulation would not
> make very much sense) or in a random sequence.

In a completely random sequence, without the refining (as no information about
a pattern is present). You could turn this randomization off by setting

 set rp = 0; # no random path

in the command file.

> Is there a danger of
> introducing bias to the simulated values if gstat simulates locations which
> are in fact regularly gridded but defined by the "data ():...;"-command?

It may not be as bad as you think. The bias is a consequence of using a local
neighbourhood to approximate a global neighbourhood. If you use a regular
sequence with a large neighbourhood I'd expect almost perfect simulations.
I haven't experimented with it though, so who am I to tell you how large
the neighbourhood should be.

> I'd be very happy if someone could help me with that!

No problem.
--
Edzer