Ulrich Leopold wrote:

> to avoid misunderstandings. I meant I would like to print to EPS, GIF and
> PNG files in Gstat. But the EPS file has a low quality resolution and GIF
> does not not work (error (non-zero exit) from gnuplot). And how to print to
> a PNG file I cannot find in the manual or help.
>
> Ulrich
>
> Nick Hamm wrote:
> > Hi Ulrich
> >
> > Are you using windows or Unix?
> >
> > To print a Png file under windows I think you can use ghostview.
> >
> > Nick
> >

> > On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Ulrich Leopold wrote:
> >

> >>Dear list,
> >>
> >>I have a problem printing GIF from gstat. I get the following message:
> >>
> >>Error (non-zero exit) from gnuplot
> >>
> >>Furthermore, if I print EPS the result is quite bad regarding the
> >>resolution. Is there a possibility to enhance the resolution?

gnuplot EPS uses a vector graphics format, so the resolution is
infinite (as best as possible). Your EPS viewer may give you a different
impression (depending on whether it uses anti-aliasing). Just print the
result on a printer and you'll be convinced.

> >>And how can I print PNG?

I think there's no specific key for this in the menu -- a good option
for a future enhancement (the GIF button just doesn't work if gnuplot/gd
does not support GIFs). The natural way to go is to save gstat's gnuplot
command (key: 'g'), and add

set term png
set output 'variogram.png'

to the top of this file, then run gnuplot on this file.
--
Edzer