From: Jan Muhammad [mailto:j...@dcs.gla.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 6:40 AM
To: Rachana Ananthakrishnan
Cc: gt-u...@globus.org
Subject: RE: [gt-user] Globus-Container-Start Error Messages!

Hi Rachana,

Thanks indeed for your response.

After your pointing out the problem of ~/.globus/certificates; there was a
problem with ~/.globus/certificates; hence removed it contents and have
rested the conatiner certificates with some hint got from this Globus mail
archieve (http://www.globus.org/mail_archive/discuss/2005/09/msg00270.html).

Now with $globus-conatiner-start -nosec the container running fine; but the
actual problem with  $globus-conatiner-start (i.e full security) is still
there and I'm getting almost the same error. Wonder how do I change the
Trusted CA certificate problem, as it seems that conatiner not recognizing
the CA signed certificates. The error is as follow when I try to run the
container $globus-conatiner-start -debug option:-

---------
[glo...@callisto etc]$ globus-start-container -debug
2009-01-15 12:25:08,108 ERROR service.ReliableFileTransferImpl
[main,<init>:69] Unable to setup database driver with pooling.Connection
refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the
postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.
2009-01-15 12:25:10,691 WARN  service.ReliableFileTransferHome
[main,initialize:97] All RFT requests will fail and all GRAM jobs that
require file staging will fail.Connection refused. Check that the hostname
and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP
connections.
2009-01-15 12:25:14,677 ERROR container.GSIServiceThread
[ServiceThread-9,process:141] Error processing request
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
        at org.globus.gsi.gssapi.SSLUtil.read(SSLUtil.java:37)
        at
org.globus.gsi.gssapi.net.impl.GSIGssInputStream.readToken(GSIGssInputStream
.java:64)
        at
org.globus.gsi.gssapi.net.impl.GSIGssInputStream.readHandshakeToken(GSIGssIn
putStream.java:54)
        at
org.globus.gsi.gssapi.net.impl.GSIGssSocket.readToken(GSIGssSocket.java:60)
        at
org.globus.gsi.gssapi.net.GssSocket.authenticateServer(GssSocket.java:122)
        at
org.globus.gsi.gssapi.net.GssSocket.startHandshake(GssSocket.java:142)
        at
org.globus.gsi.gssapi.net.GssSocket.getOutputStream(GssSocket.java:161)
        at
org.globus.wsrf.container.GSIServiceThread.process(GSIServiceThread.java:98)
        at
org.globus.wsrf.container.ServiceThread.run(ServiceThread.java:291)
AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: org.globus.common.ChainedIOException: Authentication failed
[Caused by: Failure unspecified at GSS-API level [Caused by: Unknown CA]]
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:Authentication failed.
Caused by Failure unspecified at GSS-API level. Caused by
COM.claymoresystems.ptls.SSLThrewAlertException: Unknown CA
        at COM.claymoresystems.ptls.SSLConn.alert(SSLConn.java:235)
        at
COM.claymoresystems.ptls.SSLHandshake.recvCertificate(SSLHandshake.java:304)
        at
COM.claymoresystems.ptls.SSLHandshakeClient.processTokens(SSLHandshakeClient
.java:128)
        at
COM.claymoresystems.ptls.SSLHandshake.processHandshake(SSLHandshake.java:135
)
        at
org.globus.gsi.gssapi.GlobusGSSContextImpl.initSecContext(GlobusGSSContextIm
pl.java:483)
        at
org.globus.gsi.gssapi.net.GssSocket.authenticateClient(GssSocket.java:102)
        at
org.globus.gsi.gssapi.net.GssSocket.startHandshake(GssSocket.java:140)
        at
org.globus.gsi.gssapi.net.GssSocket.getOutputStream(GssSocket.java:161)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.writeToSocket(HTTPSender.java:433)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:135)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:
32)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
        at
org.oasis.wsrf.properties.GetResourcePropertySOAPBindingStub.getResourceProp
erty(GetResourcePropertySOAPBindingStub.java:397)
        at
org.globus.wsrf.container.ServiceContainer.listServices(ServiceContainer.jav
a:492)
        at
org.globus.wsrf.container.ServiceContainer.main(ServiceContainer.java:424)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at org.globus.bootstrap.BootstrapBase.launch(BootstrapBase.java:95)
        at org.globus.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:37)

        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:callisto.nesc.gla.ac.uk

org.globus.common.ChainedIOException: Authentication failed [Caused by:
Failure unspecified at GSS-API level [Caused by: Unknown CA]]
        at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:101)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:144)
[...]
Caused by: org.globus.common.ChainedIOException: Authentication failed
[Caused by: Failure unspecified at GSS-API level [Caused by: Unknown CA]]
        at
org.globus.gsi.gssapi.net.GssSocket.startHandshake(GssSocket.java:145)
        at
org.globus.gsi.gssapi.net.GssSocket.getOutputStream(GssSocket.java:161)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.writeToSocket(HTTPSender.java:433)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:135)
        ... 18 more
Failed to obtain a list of services from
'https://130.209.58.58:8443/wsrf/services/ContainerRegistryService' service:
; nested exception is:
        org.globus.common.ChainedIOException: Authentication failed [Caused
by: Failure unspecified at GSS-API level [Caused by: Unknown CA]]

Regards
Jan Muhammad