FYI

Begin forwarded message:

From: Craig Stacey <st...@mcs.anl.gov>
Date: October 16, 2009 12:02:26 PM CDT
To: m...@mcs.anl.gov, lcf-st...@alcf.anl.gov
Subject: Big move / downtime (10/16, 10/17)

Hey, folks, the big move is underway!

See details at http://press.mcs.anl.gov/systems/2009/10/16/the-big-move/ .

Short story:

HPC and hosted resources are down now. MCS Computing services (mail delivery, file servers, compute servers, etc.) will be going offline sometime between 4 and 4:30 today.

Things will be down until (if things go well) sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Based on how things went two weeks ago, we are confident and optimistic!

Our mail routing switched over last night, and we've been monitoring for things that aren't quite right, fixing them as we see them. Generally, it's gone as expected.

Thanks for your support and patience!
==
Craig

--
Ravi K Madduri
The Globus Alliance | Argonne National Laboratory | University of Chicago