Greetings,

    I am researching alternatives to the MDS utility previously
included in the Globus 4.x toolkit. The current iteration of the Nimbus
monitoring plug-ins for Nagios rely on the MDS to act as the public
registry for the dynamic state of a cluster, but I would like to
evaluate alternatives.  The ability for various sites to submit
gathered data to a single "master" registry which can then be queried
would be ideal. Complicated query support such as XPath is necessary;
simple presenting a snippet of XML is all that is required.

If there been any discussion or thoughts regarding an alternative to
MDS for resource publishing, I'm very interested to hear about it.

Cheers,

Adam Bishop
University of Victoria