Hi Brock,

It is likely that those servers don't support third party transfers, or fxp as it is commonly called with standard ftp servers. While some standard ftp server software supports this, it is often not enabled on public servers.

With the second server, it recognizes that the port you're telling it to connect to isn't the same one that the client is connecting from, and fails.

With the first I suspect it is simply ignoring the address portion of the PORT argument and attempting to connect to the client address.

Either should work if you're able to run globus-url-copy on the same host as the gridftp server, though that may of defeat the purpose.

Mike