There are two separate issues here:

1) Can it be a lot easier to change Realms?
Of course anything *could* be done with enough time and effort, but it
doesn't seem worth it.  For most users, the realms don't change much.
For example, I have 'work' and 'personal' and a couple others, but for
any tiddler, the realm never changes, or I change it just once if I
created the tiddler in the wrong realm. It would be a waste of screen
space to have an easy way to change the realms of each item in a view.

If you are using realms for some other purpose, you might describe it
and we could try to suggest an alternative way to use mGTD.

2) Is there a way to change the realms of many items at once?
I don't think there's an easy way within tiddlywiki.  In your
situation, I would try to modify the html file directly (make a backup
first, of course!).
For example, Notepad++ lets you search on regular expressions.
(warning, regexps are very powerful but bewildering if you are not
familiar with them).
Using Notepad++, if you do a regexp search for
   ^(<div.+tags="[^"]*Project)([ "])
and replace it with
   \1 MyRealm\2
you can assign every project to MyRealm. Or else you could use Find
rather than Replace, and paste in a tag manually where needed.

Jason