Howdy,

I have read through the messages in the thread
http://groups.google.com/group/GTD-TiddlyWiki/browse_thread/thread/6e27809d03ec27ee/b8e57f207179ea15?lnk=gst&q=tickler+not+working#b8e57f207179ea15
but have not been able to solve this problem in my Mgtd.  I understand
the concept of ticklers and the alert.  It was one of the best things
about my Mgtd before it stopped working.

I don't remember when my alert message stopped.  I have made hardly
any tweaks, and they were a while ago.  The alert does not appear in
FF2 or 3 or Safari.  I have downloaded a new version and that one
alerts just fine.  I upgraded my Mgtd to r9843 and it still doesn't
work (love the note icons, BTW)

I tried Henk's suggestion of creating a 'ticklers requiring action'
tiddly but I already had one that was functioning just fine, except
for giving the flashing alert. I see plenty of active ticklers in the
dashboard and in the 'ticklers requiring action' tiddly.

I even went into MgtdList to make sure the blinker variable was set
right (it was), although I'm not even getting a static alert.

Any help would be much appreciated.

PS: Sorry for replying directly to author in the previous post.  I
didn't realize it was a closed thread and I needed to start it again.