2009/8/27 NanetteAndrusiak <nlu...@gmail.com>

> I have run into a problem with mGTD that is stumping me, and is
> effectively preventing me from moving from MLO to mGTD. Here's the
> issue:
> I am a trainer, and develop several classes, sometime concurrently.
> Developing a class has pretty much the same steps regardless of what
> you are teaching. In MLO I have a New class template that contains the
> project "New Class" and all the sub tasks:
> .Create initial outline.
> .Deliver for Review
> .Incorporate feedback
> .Create Class
> .Create Class materials
> .Schedule Class and Room
> .Deliver Class
> In MLO I just duplicate the project and change the name.
> In mGTD I can save the whole 'template' in a note in Outlook, paste it
> into Quick Add, change the class name, and viola, it's done.
> Only it's not, because I can't have duplicate tiddlers.
> Any way around this, short of typing slightly different tiddlers for
> every class, which keeps me from using a 'template'?

I don't think there is a way around this. I use a similar method for travels
- I have a text file with the following contents:
Visit DestDates|Travel|Work
.Create Travel Request for DestDates|Office|N
.Establish itinerary for DestDates|Office|F
.Order tickets for DestDates|Office|F
.Order hotel for DestDates|Office|F

So, when I have a new travel, I replace DestDates with for example Maastrich
26-28 Aug 2009 (actually a travel I'm on now) and then paste that into Quick
Add. Kludgy, but it works for me.

- Erlend