Hello,

Local save using the TiddlySaver applet does work for me here, with
Java 1.6.0_16-b01 and Chrome 3.0.195.27.
A few things that you may check:

1. When you open your TiddlyWiki file, if you press shift-escape, you
should see Chrome's task manager. Is there a line reading "Plug-in:
Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U16"? If not, it seems that Chrome was not able
to load a Java VM in a plugin. Reinstalling Chrome might solve this.

2. Assuming that you work under MS Windows, when you open your
TiddlyWiki file, do you have a small "Java" icon in your system tray?
If so, try right-clicking it, then pick the "open console" option. You
will get a small text windows were Java will trace errors. Try saving
your TiddlyWiki in Chrome. Is there an error message ("exception", in
Java-lingo) shown in the console windows? If so, it might give
precious info on what is going on. That's how I realized that I could
not save because my TiddlyWiki file was in a directory with "special"
characters in its path ('e' with acute accent... not that "special"
actually in Europe...)

I hope this will allow you to get a rough idea of what is going on.

Best regards,

Frederic