Per se, the depending actions implementation is wonderful - but in
practice, the procedure forces you to do a lot of manual figdeting
after creating a project, in effect weakening the power of quick-add.

So hoping for some development on this, here's yet another alternative
twist;

However, first, just to clarify my preceding post; the numbers seen
(i.e "4|" ) are not actually written by the user. Rather the
suggestion is to have them permanently in the outside of the quick-add
frame, merely as references to specific rows in quick-add.

Here's a different approach: http://kronenpj.tiddlyspot.com/
i.e small up/down arrows letting the user push the action a step up or
down. Very intuitive. Could perhaps even be embedded *directly* into
the quick-add!?

Possibly a working for that arrow type solution or some other could be
"fields". I just discovered these myself (under
ToolsMenu>More>fields). Apparently it's a place to store tiddler
specific meta information. If an action (or any tiddler) is supposed
to have some type of relation to something else, such as depencdence
in our example, maybe a value could be stored here. For an action
sequence listing, one could then use a fET;

<<forEachTiddler
    sortBy
        'tiddler.fields.changecount'
        descending
    write
        '"* [["+tiddler.title+"]] ("+tiddler.fields.changecount+")\n"'

E.g GridPlugin (Shulman) lets you directly create and set specific
fields and values
http://www.tiddlytools.com/#GridPlugin
...and I just found this thread, stating that there is a *core*
filtering for fields which I guess means *speed*!
http://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki/browse_thread/thread/313055747ca1a706#

Just brainstorming out loud

;-)