GTD isn't really a project management system to manage costs and
timesheets, it's a task-management system that is supposed to keep you
busy working on things that are important. Having messed around behind
the scenes with mGTD for a while now, I can tell you that option 1
could probably be done but no one will do it. It would be a huge time
investment because there isn't a structure for that sort of tracking.
If you really do have all of your Projects completely fleshed out in
mGTD with all the Next and Future actions, you could always just put
the Costs and Times in your actions and then add them up yourself at
the end of the Project. You'd do better with some project management
software specifically made for cost and time tracking. I use MSProject
but I work for a big company that can afford to buy it for me.

As for option 2, I agree with ike. Tiddlers aren't meant for
deadlines; they are meant for tasks that need doing right now/today.
For me, that task is one of either "review this S/M project to see if
it's feasible now" or "do this quarterly report." I wouldn't dare use
a tickler to remind that something is due today. If my GTD is working
right, I should be doing all my Next actions until it's done; if my
calendar tells me (and ike is right, there isn't one in mGTD) that it
is due soon, then I need to re-evaluate some of my unrelated Next
actions.