Haven't tried upgrading to 2.6 yet... but will do shortly (while
hoping troubles keep at bay ;o)

In general, I upgrade a tbGTD not by using the tw core upgrade.
Instead I download the current version and then import all tiddlers
(tagged tbGTD). So, if you're eager enough, you could test that
yourself and see if things work out differntly. I really wouldn't know
why they should, but I remember that I once had troubles updating via
the core updater.

Tobias.