Stefan Kost wrote:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> I've just browsed over the docs from glib, gobject and gtk. I though
> these rules are somwhere in there, but I didn't found them. I've also
> looked at
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/guides/
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/tutorials/
>
> Now the question is where do the belong?
>
> I fancy the idea of having a rules and conventions document (coding
> practice) and install that among the other docs. Then libs that adhere
> to these guide-line and just link that document in there introduction.

that would make sense indeed, especially if we can refer to the
conventions from any place where this is appropriate.

> This only makes sense if we can come up with some more such conventions.
> What do others think of this? Ideas?

many FAQ type things could be there. Such as how to pass multiple values
with a callback (with a struct or object), show some code conventions
how to work with that (quite recently somebody posted a short howto how
to do this).

Basically the framework of gtk applications could be explained.

regards,
        Olivier