On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 16:38 -0500, Dov Kruger wrote:
> I do not see examples of how to use g_signal_connect and would
> appreciate some help, perhaps an example?

Use it the same way you used the gtk_signal_connect calls.  Just replace
one with the other.

> Right now, the code does not trap mouse motion, mouse up, or wheel
> events, but it does trap key clicks and mouse presses.

You need to enable the other events with a call to
gtk_widget_set_events.

See http://www.gtk.org/~otaylor/gtk/tutorial/drawing_tut-1.html

> Can someone please tell me what is wrong? Is it that the code is
> deprecated? Is there something I am doing wrong?

Just enable the extra events for the widgets you want to trap motion on.
using gtk_widget_set_events(widget,GDK_POINTER_MOTION_MASK)

Michael