On Aug 29, 2006, at 12:51 AM, chao yeaj wrote:
> Hello everyone
>    You know ,in an application
>     one widget may associated with one data member
>
>    For example,there is a entry widget ,the user can write some data
> into the entry widget;In the application, there must be a data
> variable named str_widget,associated to the entry widget.
>
>     When the user changed the entry's text ,the str_widget variable's
> value  should be update;and, when the program changed the str_widget's
> value somewhere, we need update the entry widget's display too!
> (Update the UI )
>
>     The problem is: i did not know how and when update the data
> variable and the widget ?

You can update the variable in response to the widget's 'changed'
signal.  To go the other way, you will need to write a setter
function that is always used to set the variable, and have it update
the widget.  If you're writing your own GObjects for this app, you
could make the variable a property of some object, but that might be
overkill.

- Michael