On Sep 20, 2006, at 10:46 AM, T wrote:
> I haven't seen any documentation or discussion in whether gtk can work
> with non-gtk widgets/windows in same application.  Is this possible?

I'm 99.5% sure that it isn't, at least not in any clean or reliable
manner.  Basically, you'd create a situation where you have two event
loops competing for control of the application.  In the case you
described, I'm pretty sure what's happening is that the GTK event
loop isn't getting run again to fire the signals needed to actually
destroy the dialog.  You're probably going to wind up with a lot of
problems like this trying.

- Michael