Nickolai Dobrynin wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a way to make it so that the text that gets
> typed into
> the GtkEntry widget is always *inserted* into it and never replaces whatever
> was previously
> entered.  In other words, is it possible to suppress the "Insert" key so
> that the overwrite mode
> could never be entered into for that particular GtkEntry widget?

You probably need to connect to `toggle-overwrite' signal and never
call the default handler.  Either derive your own entry and overwrite
the default handler (never calling the original), or use sth. like
g_signal_stop_emission() from a custom handler.

But do you really need to do that?  Most users (AFAIK) never use
overwrite mode, but those who do will be confused with your application.

Paul