[EMAIL PROTECTED] ha scritto:

> On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 12:13:03PM +0200, Francesco Montorsi wrote:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ha scritto:
> [...]
>> yes, right. However GdkPixbufAnimation and its iter_advance() function
>> will automatically restart the animation when the delay of the last
>> frame has elapsed... that is, there's no way to avoid looping it currently.
>>
>>> On the
>>> other hand, some query functions into the structure of the animation
>>> would be nice here.
>> right. I submitted a patch which adds _get_frame_count and
>> _get_current_frame functions to GdkPixbufAnimation.
>
> Maybe there are animations where the concept of "frame count" doesn't
> make sense?
currently there's none (gdk-pixbuf currently supports GIF and ANI
animated formats only); in future some formats, e.g animated SVG, may
give some problem to the "frame concept". However the frame concept is
already implied by gdkpixbuf API and in particular by
gdk_pixbuf_animation_iter_advance().

In fact this function returns TRUE if the animation needs update, i.e.
if a new frame must be displayed.

>> However, I've now another small conceptual problem now: consider the
>> following code:
>>
>>          printf("compiled against gdk-pixbuf %s\n", GDK_PIXBUF_VERSION);
>>          printf("linked against gdk-pixbuf %s\n\n", gdk_pixbuf_version);
>>
>> if I dynamically link my program on my linux which has e.g. gdk-pixbuf
>> version 2.10.3 installed, and then run that binary on another linux
>> which has gdk-pixbuf 2.8 installed, will I get
>>
>> compiled against gdk-pixbuf 2.10.3
>> linked against gdk-pixbuf 2.8.0
>>
>> or rather:
>>
>> compiled against gdk-pixbuf 2.10.3
>> linked against gdk-pixbuf 2.10.3
>>
>> ?
>>
>> I think the first: i.e. gdk_pixbuf_version contains the version of the
>> dynamically loaded library, but I just want to be sure...
>
> According to the docs it should be the first: gdk_pixbuf_version is an
> external variable which lives in the lib (so it should reflect the lib's
> version) while GDK_PIXBUF_VERSION is a C preprocessor macro which gets
> "burnt into" your code at compile time.
Ok, thanks for the confirmation.

Thanks,
Francesco