[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi;
>
>   I want to scale my Gtk-GUI application (which is basically large in
> size, not fitted with the screen) dynamically depending upon screen
> size. I am thinking that can be done by modifying .gtkrc-2.0 file.
>
>   Please help me, how can I modify .gtkrc-2.0 file or please tell me any
> other approach to solve this.

Well, you haven't really told us anything about your app, so we can only
provide generic answers.  One thing you can do so your GUI elements are
repositioned automatically as a containing window grows or shrinks is to
put the elements into layout widgets.  See, for example, vbox and hbox.
  That approach does not do anything with font sizes, so if you want
those to change as well, you'll need to handle that yourself when you
get a resize signal.  However, automatically changing fonts is not
typically done; instead, permit the user to select a desired font.

--
Guy Rouillier