Thanks for your suggestions Jim,
  getenv(), putenv() are returning success as such. But when the application is
being loaded immediately it will through gtk error, and closes the application.
The same command, prepending  (./GTK/bin;) to the current path works fine and
the application launches successfully.

I've never tried statically linking the application with GTK libraries and have
to try it out.

It's true that Xilinx ISE tools use QT, our team is developing supporting
applications for FPGAs. As each QT license costs a higher price, we had to
choose other tools for Windows GUI development. And for everybodys surprise
GTK+ came out to be a wonderful tool, though available for free of cost.

Thanks and Regards
Sai Laxmi