I have made a major mistake here.  Apparently google is indexing the old
libglade-1.0 stuff rather than the new stuff.  The 2.0 docs are here:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/libglade/index.html

Note that for any gnome-related library, you can find the api and
reference docs at:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/

Michael