On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 17:12 -0700, ian baber wrote:
> I'm working on a project using the GTK2 perl package, and I need a
> way to set absolute limits on a container widget.  The program needs
> to be able to divide up the screen using several containers, and then
> hand each of those off to a plugin.  The problem is that I want the
> containers to ALWAYS remain the same size, regardless of how much or
> how little the plugin puts in it.  If the children widgets won't fit,
> they should be truncated/cut off at the edge.

Basically, you can constrain a widget size, yes.  Check the GtkWidget
methods.  I am not sure, but it might be a call with "usize" in the
name.  I know in Glade I can simply set it in the XML.  What I'd do if I
were you would be to use a scrolled window that's the absolute, fixed
size.  That way if the plugin's widgets were too big, at least it would
scroll around a bit.

Michael