Does anyone have expertise/recommendations to share, on the
subject of compiling a GTK app on x86 Linux for the
powerpc-apple-darwin target?

I'm familiar with the linux -> win32 cross.  This is relatively
easy since mingw makes the win32 API available in a single
package, and Tor Lillqvist makes available the GTK dev material
for win32, plus various dependencies, also nicely packaged.

I'm wondering if tarring up all the GTK+ stuff from a fink
installation on OS X, and dumping it into a suitable directory on
Linux, is going to get me anywhere (having built a suitable
binutils and cross-gcc first, of course).

Allin Cottrell