Le lundi 14 mai 2007 20:20, Michael Ekstrand a écrit :
> On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 19:53 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > So, can anyone provide me with a Tutorial HOW TO MULTITHREAD those
> > functions <some_code_to_update_the_dialog> ?
> >
> > And maybe some other tips...
>
> Can you do everything asynchronously?  Initiate your connections, and
> set up some GIOChannels to watch for data availability?  That will let
> you set up callbacks so the GLib main loop will notify your program as
> bits of data are available from each server.  You don't block on
> communication, your GUI stays responsive, and you don't have to worry
> about the complexities of multithreading.
>
> - Michael

Michael is probably right, but to answer your question there's a good
documentation about that in the GLib manual. See the
sections 'Threads', 'Thread Pools' and 'Asynchronous Queues' under 'Glib Core
Application Support'. If you want to know more, there's a tutorial here
(about pthread but with a general introduction) :

http://www.llnl.gov/computing/tutorials/pthreads

--
Cédric Lucantis